Friday, January 18, 2008

Reflection on the mirror: Unsung Melody

That winter season
Delhi beautiful, as if a Bride

That colourful garden
Roses blooming, as if teasing me

That white stone slab
Sitting pretty, as if a gemstone

All are witness to
A melody hummed
A lovestory that can be

This winter season
Delhi beautiful, as if a Bride

This colourful garden
Roses blooming, as if mocking me

This white stone slab
Steel cold, as if a gravestone

All were witness to
A song never sung
A lovestory that never could be

God alone knows how much I wish
I could turn back the hands of time;

sometimes we are too busy that
we dont notice happiness passby

Every time I find myself at fault
I shall return to this garden

Sitting on this white stone slab
this melody, I shall humm

Cause, they say,
Some songs are better left unsung.

No comments: