Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dubai, I Love You!: Chapter 2

Hook, Line and Sinker

PRESENT: 3PM, Saturday, Dubai

Discovery Gardens

Ivan: So how much time did he give you?

Anna: 1 week; I never felt so humiliated in my whole life.

Ivan: Don't cry, please..please

Anna: I'm trying, just don't know how to handle all these..I hate my life - doing this stupid job at the art gallery, hardly saving any money and now my boyfriend wants me to move out of his life and apartment. Thought in Dubai, I will find all the joys I was searching for and now all that i find in Dubai is sand!

Ivan: Com'on now. Don't say that. Give time to yourself. o.k? And you don't have to worry about the accommodation. You can stay here with me till you find a place.

Anna: Is it o.k?

Ivan: Of course Anna; Tell me how long we have been friends? 14? 15 years? You helped me come here. Look at me I'm living my dream and I want to share it with you.

Anna: Oh Ivan, you are the best.

Ivan: You ever doubted that?
They both laugh and hug.


PRESENT: Somewhere off the coast of Arabian Sea

Elena: Where are all the fishes?

Robbie: Looks like they have gone for a swim

Elena: Really Thor, were you always like that?

Robbie: Like what?

Elena: Dodgy hair and shit sense of humor!

Christopher: So, you miss him?

Elena: What?

Christopher: Com'on now, don't give me that. I know...say you miss him.

Elena: O.k O.k.maybe a little.

Robbie: Shall I call Skinny and tell him

Elena: Thor, you are impossible.

Christopher starts to chuckle.

Elena: Topher lets just push him off the boat. He is superhero anyways!


PAST: 1 AM, The Greens

Elena: Hey Topher gotta go now, its almost 1 now.

Topher: What? Please stay for sometime more.

Elena: Tomorrow I'm working unlike you losers who get to enjoy their weekend morning sleep.

Topher: Well then at least have the ice cream and go. I got your favourite one Cream and Cookies. Will get it for you..

Elena: That's o.k let me get it myself


Elena walks into the kitchen and opens the refrigerator to take out the ice-cream.

So, how old are you?: Shawn

Elena taken by surprise: what?

Shawn: I asked how old are you, cause I won't date a girl if she ain't legal

What hit her????

Elena: Funny

Shawn: I'm serious, I want to take you to dinner sometime.

Elena smiles: No thank you, I'm good

Shawn: Yeah I know you are good that's why I want to take you out.

Elena laughs: You are crazy or something?

Just then Ivan enters the kitchen: E, lets go man, I'm sleepy.

Elena: Excuse me please.

PRESENT: 4PM, Golden Sands, Burdubai

Noor: Ismail, I'm fed up of your excuses! When are you going to grow up?

Ismail: Noor, I'm honestly sorry but I really need this money. This time we have a good business plan. Its going to work out for sure. I will pay you back everything and I'll take care of you and parents. I promise.

Noor: Ismail, my brother, every time you say that and every time you fail us all.

Ismail: Please Noor, don't abandon me in this time of my need. I'm your younger brother. I thought I didn't have to ask others for help when I have a successful Business Manager for a sister. Please Noor, where will I go?

Noor:............ O.k Ismail, this is the last time I'm going to give you money. Remember, I'm doing this for parents.

Ismail: I love you Noor. I'll make it up to you for sure.

PAST: 4.30AM, Dubai Marina

As Elena starts her round of jogging, she says to herself: Its a perfect morning.

Is it???

Hey!: Shawn

Elena: Oh God!

Shawn (smiling): Yes?

Elena shakes her head in disbelief

Shawn (still smiling): What?

Elena:What are you doing here?

Shawn: Oh, Topher told me you do your round here and I thought if I go home I might just sleep over, so basically, I was waiting here for the past 3 hours for you to show up.

Elena: What? Are you a stalker or something?

Shawn : Naah. Just wanted to tell you I'll pick you up tonight at 7 for dinner.

Elena: Dinner?!

Shawn: Yeah dinner; and please wear something short and freeflow. There's dancing too in the menu. See ya, laters then.

No comments: