Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dubai, I Love You!: Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Truth is stranger than fiction

11.45AM, FRIDAY, DUBAI

Baghdad Street, Al Qusais

Rani, " Babuji! Where have u been babuji? I have been logged on for so long."
Arun," Sorry dear, got caught up in a meeting. So, what's ur plan for today?"
Rani, " Will go to Irish Village with Elena and her gang. Oktoberfest is going on there. Its going to be a blast they say!"
Arun," Enjoy, enjoy, our weekend starts tomorrow. Hey I miss you"
Rani, " Miss you too babuji."

Sana Fashions, Al Karama

" Got to send the money to India today, oops need to take out the clothes from the machine before it starts to smell"
As Frida straightens her hair, she also makes a mental note to buy some dresses this weekend. "Its never enough when it comes to dresses for a girl"

Golden Sands I, Burdubai

" Noor, we will have to keep the cast for another extra week", Dr. Haitham
Noor, " I see; I was thinking maybe, we can take it out as soon as possible. You see I'm going home for vacation & I have not told my parents about my leg. I don't want them to worry unnecessarily, you know, I just.."
Haitham, " Dont worry, everything will be fine. Inshallah."

The Greens, Sheikh Zayed Road

" E, baby I'm hungry. Is the food ready?", Christopher
Elena, " Get your ass up here Topher! I ain't gonna bring you food in bed. Thor is already here."

8.30PM

Frida, " Granny's getting her eye operated, Missing family a lot."
" Hey, don't cry. Things are gonna be o.k", Elena
" I really don't know E, too much pressure from family", Frida
Elena, " Then why don't you just meet the guy. Nothings wrong in meeting yaar. Who knows you may even like him."
Frida, " I dont want an arranged marriage."
"O.K Queen Victoria, even the Aviation Club manager has called asking for you. We gotta go now", Christopher
Elena, " Hey Fridu dear, my gang is waiting for me. We are going to IV. You just try and relax. I will come down tomorrow to your place. Is that o.k?"
Frida, " O.k sure; bye then, enjoy"
" I will", Elena

11PM, Irish Village, Aviation Club, Al Garhoud

Rani, " Hey E, How's your friend Noor doing?"
Elena, " The cast's gonna stay another week, It sucks big time."
" Hey guys! What's up?", Jamal
Christopher, " I didn't win the Billion dollar lotto, thats the news."
Jamal, " O.K, what happened, why is he pissed?"
Thor, " He can't have more than 3 pegs tonight; E made him promise that."
Anna, " That's so severe..why E?"
" Cause!, I don't want to clean up his shit again tonight. You should have seen last night. What a mess he did in my living room."
Ivan, " He had a whole bottle of white wine and two glasses of dirty martini!"

Lila, " What a concoction!" "Tell me about it", Christopher, " By the way who are you?!"
Jamal, " Sorry folks!, This is my friend Lila. This is Topher-Christopher,Ivan, Thor, Anna, E and..". E," Thats Rani". All, " Hi, come join us"
Jamal, " Thanks, but others are waiting for us over there. See you guys later."
" Laters.."

Forever (DJ Clement remix) playing in the background. Christopher, " Common E, thats our song, lets dance"
Elena," Do you see anyone dancing Topher?"
Christopher, " Exactly! Common doll"

" Quite a group", Lila. Jamal, " Yeah, rude, trippy, genuine"
Lila, " What kind of a name is Thor?"
Jamal, " Oh, His real name is Robbie; they call him Thor because of his height and size. You know Thor, the superhero?

Lila, " No, I didnot know that. See,they are dancing..; Hey that girl E and Topher, they a couple or something?"
" No, no, Topher is Skinny's best friend", Jamal
" Skinny? Who is Skinny?", Lila
Jamal, " E's boyfriend."

No comments: