Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tripping: Two weeks later...

The last two weeks will remain as a special chapter in my life. Three prominent angles mark this fantabulous week.

First "The Mad Angle":- Margaritas, Screw Drivers, Planter's Punch, Smirnoff kept flowing, while grilled chicken kept popping out of the grilling machine as we hosted party after party after party (5 to be precise). Long Live George Foreman---that was the best buy of all the shopping I have done in Dubai all these years! The mad angle part of it was the vanishing act done by chicken n the sickening act done by me. Just when we (Lambuji n Thinguji) thought we would do the grilled chicken stuff in one of the parties , market ran out of chicken-AD, BD, AE, C3...Had to run to everywhere and finally got them in GC...phew! Coming to my acrobats, first I ran around the streets at night, got involved in a street fight and also had the time to pain the cosmetic shop attenders with my banter. I also made Lambuji eat the burnt maggi I cooked especially for her n i also threw up. I also went into a cake baking-spree, shopping-spree ( I almost ransacked all shops in Sarogini Nagar, Lajpat Nagar n Atta Market) and gardening mania. In all those madness I even found time for buying some good old jewellery for the big day ahead.

Second "The Heart Angle" It was the meeting of the minds, it was the bonding of the hearts, it was the week of love and laugh. Money goes, Health goes, Friends go, Love goes but Family stays forever. Its the most important truth of my life and this week's activities were a small tribute to that truth. Sharing drinks and chicken, baking cakes , shopping for nail colours while drunk, eating burnt maggi cause it has been cooked by a loved one, getting up at 4.30am in the peak of winter to recieve a loved one at the railway station even when you have asthma, three people eating one Dosa and still feeling fullfilled, dashing to the airport just after a job interview to welcome a loved one when the outside temperature is 4 degrees, two generations of sisters cooking food together, lambuji and tinguji doing night outs, lambuji teaching tinguji all the katu satyas of life , watching Feluda movie "Kailashe Kelenkari" together and tripping over "MuniDaar Munidaar Yanna Rascala..Mind It"....its inexplicable

Third "The Bad Angle" We came, We partied, We Bitched n bitched n bitched n b......
I learnt new galis and put-lake all those namurads (Hopeless- for the Urdu Challenged) and max payne agents (ei Lambuji.... THEYNKS!), also got sick witnessing the Pullover game. Why was I trying to drive a mercedes in a desert? Yeah really.... put lake all those people and those relationships that come with 45 suitcases of emotional baggage. Excess baggage is not even allowed during short journeys by air so why should they be allowed in this long journey of life. Chalo yeh to sirf trailer tha....Picture to main dikhaungi mere dost; MIND IT !(Inspired by my Guru SRK)

No comments: