Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tripping: Looking for my voice

I lost my voice to a bad case of viral infection and have been looking for it since sunday. It started with a bad headache on Thursday. By nightfall, I had high fever. I couldn't sleep the whole night. Next morning and afternoon were the same. My weekend sucked badly. Thank god, saturday was off for me this week or i did have to take my day off.

My new found voice( or lack thereof) has given me lot of names. Ivan the Terrible calls me Golum (LOTR) now, but I prefer to call myself Don Corleone. Hager the Horrible, on the otherhand, is very happy, cause I cannot argue with him now about the sales tracker and sales forecast. Truth is I'm supposed to make my team members achieve their targets, whereas I myself has been unable to achieve it- which is-I've been after him these past one week for the sales forecast figures without any success, whatsoever!

Coming back to my current situation- I'm taking steroids that I'm allowed to take. There is no fever and I feel very strong but am still looking for my voice. I pray that there are no important meeting with clients this week.

No comments: